Friday, April 03, 2020

Surviving 14 days in solitary confinement

After my successful retreat from India I have now served my 14 day C19 home detention sentence. 

A wargamer is never short of things to do & the time has not been wasted.   My Musket Action Rules have got a good going over, extending the range of periods so much that Musket Action is no longer an appropriate name & I have renamed them Camp Cromwell Action.
I had a bit of a backlog of boxes of figures.  Finished so far:
2 boxes of British Light Dragoons - done with Tarleton helmets so good for AWI.
2 boxes of AWI infantry - painted half as British & half as French.
4 boxes of 30 Years War infantry - pikes, shot & 2 handed choppers.
1 box of Agema Carthaginian veterans.

I tidied up my ordnance store, sorted out the 28mm figures on the shelves & done an inventory.  I have about 7,000 28mm figs covering Ancients, Medieval, Renaissance, AWI, Napoleonic, Colonial & WWII, all accumulated in the last 9 years.  There are also at least as many 15mm & 6mm figs accumulated previously, now mostly stored away in drawers or storage boxes & seldom used.  And one 1/4th scale trebuchet.

While my sentence for being out of the country has now been served, the rules have changed so it doesn't make a lot of difference.  I can legally go out now, but only to get essential supplies or for exercise.  First objective is the hobby shop - more paint are obviously essential supplies as I still have some figures to paint.  Meetings of more than 2 people are forbidden - does this mean that one-on-one wargames with a 1.8m wide table providing social distancing are permitted?  Maybe we can play wargames remotely using Zoom? 




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you're going well and have put a dent in the lead pile.

Maybe we should try what the Perry's have been up to on their Facebook with remote gaming?

Cheers,

Dave.

Mutford said...

As to Perrys I just hope that the cancellation of Salute 20 will not halt the production of their plastic Austrian cavalry. Our small gathering has just completed around 500 infantry from Perrys and Victrix and the battles we want to re-fight just need cavalry. The 6 metal artillery and limbers cost as much as the infantry!

Meanwhile, here in rural Suffolk England, lockdown has moved from recommended to instructed. I wonder how much longer this can be sustained. Now on day 11.

Gonsalvo said...

definitely putting the time top good use. I would take the Covid restrictions very seriously. At our main hospital in Connecticut the US, about an hour's drive from NY City, we will soon have 60 patients on ventilators due to the damned virus, and I have transitioned to temporary full time hospital work to take care of non Covid cases so that the regular staff can focus on them.