Friday, August 25, 2023

Camp Cromwell Rules at Mutford

After a long afternoon battle using Mutford rules, after dinner I set up a small Napoleonic battle to show Tim how M2M works.  Rehretably I was o engrosed in showing how th rules work i forgot to take any pics un til the battle was almost over.

I commanded the Russians, deploying my infnatry on my left & cavalry on my right.
Tim also put most of his infantry on his left & cavlry on his right, but ith a leger battalion between them.

I decided to try & exploit my smal advantage in cavary quality by charging acroos the front at the Frencg cavalry.  The inevitable Russian command issues slowed the manoeuvre & allowed the legere to provide decisive support to the French cavalry. Onky 1 Russian dragoon unit made it back to support the infnatry's left flank.    

Meanwhikle the French infatry colunns were advancing around the Russian right flank.  The Russian infantry wheeled & deployed in line to meet the French.

The Frecnh cavalry then attacked thb left of the Russian line as their infnatry attacked the right end.

The cavalry attack took out the remaning Russian dragoons, but with sigificant casualties lst disposing of the Russian cavalry some good shooting by the Russian infantry flank guard stopped the attack.

On the other flank the first French attack was beaten off.   But superior French musktry & artillery supprt  was taking it's toll on the Russian centre, breaking a unit so the Rissians failed their army morale test.

I'm sure the progress of the battle would have been much the same in either set of rules. Both provided a great game.  The big difference being the speed of play in M2M.
 

1 comment:

Mutford said...

Thanks for your visit Jim. Plqying 121 MtoM was a good experience for me as I won! having lost both the preceding sea and land battles using our rules! Have a good Europe experience with hopefully less traffic than here in England.