Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Some new 3D printed terrain

 I've been making some more terrain features with my 3D printer.

The hedgerows are not a new item, but I've printed off more of them.
The trees are a freebee from Thingaverse. I've been printing them in various sizes.
The river is based on a section of straight that I got from Thingaverse.  I use Tinkercad to modify the original file to make various lengths & curves.
The road sections are also made by modifying the river file. The wheel tracks are added by dragging a hot soldering iron over the prints.  I found this was easier to do than making multiple meandering grooves on the model in Tinkercad.
The house is an old paper model.  I still think paper models are easier to make than 3D printed ones as you don't have to paint them, & they are surprisingly robust.
I've printed some hedgerows printed smaller & here they form a vineyard for 15mm figs.


No comments: