Turn 1: Germans dug in all but their 105's. The French did similar.
Turn 2: The French advanced their infantry on the German right and attacked through a town 2 turns later to defeat a grenadier platoon but got severely mauled in the process. the Marders swung to defend the right but 1 was killed by artillery fire.
Turn 5: The French M 10's popped out of ambush killing an infantry platoon.
Turn 6: The 88's were on a killing spree on the enemy artillery. The French artillery was eventually cut down to a half strength battery.
Turn 7: The M 10's assaulted the grenadiers which failed Morale and we ran out of time.Technically a draw but the Frogs had been the most aggreessive and had killed a platoon, but had 1 platoon close to doing a morale check & artillery was now almost useless. A nice set of flank attacks by Doug the M10's were unlucky not to get a 105mm gun.
Some interesting rules cropped up that we hadnt been that familiar with:
- Self defence AAMGs only 1 shot each
- Aircraft firing at double moving vehicles only normal shooting?
- Double moving vehicles no self defence AA (common sense rule).
- M 10's shot at by small arms in defensive fire but cant be hurt so no armour save neccessary?
- HMG's only 180 degree facing as they are gun teams