Sunday, August 25, 2019

Operation Sudlight: Bolt Action Tournament Devonport

Mark & I were on the road before 5.30am to drive to Devonport for the 2nd Operation Sudlight event for the year.
There were 24 players - from Hobart, Launceston, Devonport & Melbourne & 12 tables.











Mark & I both had 3 very enjoyable games.   Mark won his first game & lost the other two.  I drew in round 1, lost in round 2 & won in round 3. So we both finished in the middle of the pack.  Once again the Devonport guys put on a terrific tournament played in great spirit & enjoyed by all.

I particularly enjoyed my loss to Tristan from Melbourne.  Tristan had a Long Range Desert Group force with lots of trucks loaded with multiple weapons & some veteran infantry armed to the teeth.  The mission was Key Positions with 5 objectives.  The table had lots of roads that suited my enemy & made it a tough ask for my Panzer Grenadiers & I soon found that Tristan really knew how to use his army as he put me onto the back foot with his rapid advance & cunning tactics.  Faced with the prospect of disaster I threw caution to the winds & counterattacked. The plan didn't bring me victory, but it was great fun!  I finished the game with just 3 units left, all with heavy casualties, but the table was littered with burning trucks as my Panzergrens took more than half the LRDG down with them.  In the pub afterwards, Tristan thanked me for giving him a hell of a fright, & the his most enjoyable game of the day, even though his losses in this game robbed him of the Best Allied Prize.

I'll edit this post with more details of the results after Russell has posted them on Facebook.

1 comment:

Gonsalvo said...

Many nicely done tables there!